We no speak Americano – Peter W.’s Brazilian Bugeye WRX
Not much info on this bugeye WRX except that it’s from Brazil. I was kind of blown away when I saw this car. The white painted accents I’ve never seen done on a WRX (sort of à-la-Porsche-GT3RS) and when I do see two-tone accents they’re usually awful looking – here it looks great. This car looks stunning.
The wheels are BBS offerings that come stock on the mkiv Volkswagen Jetta GLI. It’s not the first time I’ve seen them on a Subaru – but they look great… reminds me of the 22B’s wheels.
The USDM influences on this car are interesting as well. Above is a “stickerbombed” dash – a trend which arose on Nasioc in the past year or so (it’s become a tad played out with people stickerbombing front lips, wheels, other parts – it’s like the equivalent of “scene” style for cars). The prodrive lip is also becoming more prevalent on Nasioc as well – and the projectors remind somewhat of Kaeo15′s car.
Amazingly, the brake ducts on this car, which I shrugged off as Chargespeed, are custom made!
Really like the front lip splitter under the Prodrive lip (although it looks like the pavement liked it less…). Believe it or not it is custom made just like the brake ducts… The splitter sets it apart from the masses with Prodrive lips out there these days.
- Volkswagen Jetta GLI wheels (white painted)
- white painted mirrors
- Hella Supertone horns (white painted)
- color-matched painted sideskirts
- 04+ STI rear wing
- Prodrive front lip
- Custom made front splitter
- Custom made (!) brake ducts
- custom grille
- retrofitted projector headlights (painted black)
- “jaguar style” LED taillights
- JDM side markers (tinted)
- tinted corner markers
- OEM subaru 4-pot front brakes (red)
- OEM subaru 2-pot rear brakes (red)
- JDM STI version 7 steering wheel
- stickerbombed dash